Good afternoon fellow bloggers!
Post no.3 today and here it is. Yesterday I was nominated for the ‘Beauty Tag’ by my blogging friend New Life Fresh You. Find her original post here and check out her blog. We always support each other and what’s better than having some pals on here?
1. Do you remember your first makeup item?
I remember when I first saw one of my mums friends daughters (long chain) using foundation and putting it all over her face. I was around 11 years old so I thought to myself ‘what the heck is she doing putting that slimy stuff on her face?!’. I then went home and put some foundation all over my own face and of course it was the wrong colour and I looked like a Cheeto.
2. Describe your perfect mascara. Have you found one that fits your specifications?
I am not one to spend a lot on makeup so I try to find quality within cheaper and more affordable products (being a student and all). So I go for a mascara from ‘The Natural Collection’, it’s just as good I find and does the job.
3. What kind of coverage do you prefer from a foundation?
I go for a full coverage because I have to cover my freckles, I just can’t stand them on myself.
4. Favourite high end brand?
I don’t actually have a favourite high end brand because I don’t buy them, as I said above I like a cheaper product that fits the bill. At the end of the day I smear it all off with a makeup wipe anyway.
5. What cosmetics brands have you always wanted to try but still haven’t?
I need to try using a primer and setting spray, I don’t really use makeup properly so I don’t own either of these…sue me.
6. Favourite drugstore brand?
Maybelline is probably my favourite because they have a very pale shade that is the only one I have found so far to match my skin.
7. Do you wear false lashes?
The first time I put false eye lashes on I was going clubbing and with the mix of alcohol and lack of lights I genuinely couldn’t see a thing so I think I either put them on wrong or they aren’t for me. I have quite long lashes so I don’t particularly feel the need to wear them.
8. Is there any kind of makeup you can’t leave the house without?
I need to keep my concealer on me at all times. I recently had an operation on the bridge of my nose and I have a scar there which is covered whenever I’m in public with concealer.
9. What is your most cherished beauty product?
My eye liner. I always have my fleeky liner flick to make me feel like Cleopatra.
10. How often do you shop for makeup? Do you like to pick up an item here and there, or get lots of goodies at once?
I only buy makeup when I’m running low on something.
11. Do you have a “beauty budget” or do you spend freely?
I try and be sensible and I don’t tend to splurge too much being a savvy student and all.
12. Do you utilize coupons, reward cards and sales when you shop for cosmetics?
I have some reward cards, but rarely use them because I don’t shop for makeup often enough.
13. What type of product do you buy the most of?
I usually am swayed to buy the next best face scrub. Like the charcoal craze I obviously had to join in.
14. Is there a brand you absolutely can’t stand?
I don’t think I can answer this my knowledge is too little.
15. Do you avoid certain ingredients in cosmetics, like parabens or sulfates?
I avoid alcohol, perfume, parabens and sulfates simply because my skin is so sensitive they react with me too much.
16. Do you have a favourite place to shop for makeup?
Debenhams or boots…the classics.
17. Do you like trying new skin care products or do you keep a certain routine?
I like to try new products and I’m not one to be too bothered about the brand label.
18. Favourite bath and body brand?
Body shop, their hand creams smell amazing.
19. If you could only buy from one brand, which brand would you choose?
I wish I could answer this, but I don’t have a clue
20. What brand do you think has the best packaging?
I like the sleek look of MAC it’s very modern and appeals to the market well.
21. Which celebrity always have great makeup?
I don’t want to say it, but Kim Kardashian knows how to rock a contour.
22. Do you belong to any online makeup communities?
Nope I don’t.
23. Favourite beauty gurus:
The main one that I watch is Zoella, but it’s not always for her beauty and I wouldn’t buy her products.
24. Do you like multi-functional products like lip and cheek stains?
I am non biased.
25. Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
Sometimes I can be, but that’s more due to me being lazy and often half asleep before work.
26. Do you use makeup base/primer for the eyes?
I need to invest in these.
27. How many hair products do you use on a typical day?
Shampoo, conditioner, Olaplex and sometimes a mask is a typical hair day for me as I need to stop it from falling off my head after the bleach trauma it has gone through.
28. What do you apply first, concealer or foundation?
Concealer first, then I blend it to the same shade with my foundation. Coverage, coverage, coverage.
29. Would you ever consider taking makeup classes?
I have done in the past and I would again because, well….I suck
30. What do you love about makeup?
I love that makeup can give someone the confidence to be the best they can be in their mind…and boys fall for it so woo!
I would like to tag:
I hope you enjoy answering these questions!